mastering my roots


These days I'm doing some research for a project we have in History of Art in college. We were given some subjects and we have to write a fairly long essay about two of them. The first one I decided to cope with is a person I have never heard before and I now find him to have a great impact on my -already- minimal taste of modernity. I refer to László Moholy-Nagy, the great Hungarian painter and photographer who was also a professor and head in the Bauhaus school in Weimar for several years.
As I mentioned before, I have never heard of him and I believe it not to be a coincidence that I chose him to work on, since I later discovered his works have this amazing graphic style I like. László Moholy-Nagy was highly influenced by constructivism, so that explains why I like him, just like Kandisky. He was also a strong advocate of the integration of technology and industry into the arts, something that I personally support as well. I'm displaying some of his inspiring and great works. I'm so grateful I discovered this brilliant man.



László Moholy-Nagy
A 19


László Moholy-Nagy
The Large Railway Picture


László Moholy-Nagy
Kompozicija Z VIII


László Moholy-Nagy
Untitled Construction


László Moholy-Nagy
The poster for the Bauhaus Exhibition in 1923



1 comments:

Anda said...

the neon letters reminded me of Dan Flavin. Almost forgot about that dude :)