cubic season glam

On Friday 11/12 I was downtown to meet Kelly (my cousin from thecoloureffect) because she was leaving for a short trip to Paris. We accidentally fell on the lighting up of the Christmas tree in the central square of Athens. It was quite chilly but there was quite a bunch of people there to see it. This year the tree has an eco-side, since it is comprised of real firs that will be planted in a burnt area of Athens after the end of Christmas holidays :) The whole decor is really nice with a colour-changing star on the top of the tree and a lot of plexiglass (or maybe plastic?) cubic-shaped firs in nice winter colours like purple, deep turquoise and deep icy blue. Moreover, there are some light balls scattered in the grassy parts of the square, giving a rather futuristic essence (their colours are mostly pale icy tones of pink, blue and turquoise, so they make the perfect match for the vibrant colours of the plexiglass firs). Way to go Athens Municipality! You did a great job this year! I'm proud of my city :)









Here's Kelly, thrilled by the colourful balls, hehe :)

1 comments:

Daniel said...

Hi Lefteris, not long ago that I write as a matter of study but let me tell you I love your new blog. I love the Christmas lights in your city. I would like to throw a look at the lighting of my city. I leave the address of the video of the inauguration.

I hope you enjoy it! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjJXHXli7UI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gmZA5CHjdY&feature=related

Daniel.